Pages

Friday, December 11, 2009

photo shoot

I wanted to share some photos I took for my friend Kandis. They turned out so cute. I always get nervous about taking pictures for other people. Sometimes I think I would like to be a photographer and do family and kid pictures, but I'm just not there yet - my skills of interacting with the "subjects" and knowing how to pose them and feeling like any of the shots are going to turn out. In the end the pictures always turn out good (or good enough anyway), and I feel fine doing it for friends, hoping that they don't expect too much of me, but the thought of having to please a paying customer is stressful and I don't want the thing that brings me pleasure (photography) to be the thing that brings me stress. So for now I'm fine with family and friends allowing me to practice on them and let me express myself through this artistic medium. I think one thing I need to remind myself of is I do better with non-posed pictures. I like to observe and let people do their thing and take pictures of what is going on. Most of my favorite pictures I've taken are when people are just doing their thing and I take a picture of it.












What a cute little family. I am so happy we got so many fun shots and the place that served as our backdrop was beautiful, so many textures and colors in one small area. Kandis was great because she had great ideas and suggested many of the poses and locations. I like working with people that know what they like - it makes it easier for me- plus, then they are usually happy with the results, because it is what they had envisioned. 

1 comment:

Kandie said...

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!
I am so happy with the way they turned out. You did a fabulous job, and definitely have what it takes to be paid. We're so glad you are here in Florida with us.
Kandis