Pages

Thursday, April 05, 2012

Chocolate Cake


I love chocolate cake and I have a favorite recipe that I use, often, way too often lately. I know some of my friends wanted a copy of this recipe so here it is.


Chocolate Fudge Cake

2/3 cup oil
1/2 cup cocoa
2 eggs
2 cups sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups water
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla

Mix together cocoa and oil until smooth.
Add remaining ingredients. Beat until smooth.
Pour into greased and floured (or just use pan spray) 9X13 baking dish.
Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.

Frost with Chocolate Frosting

1/2 cup butter
 4 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup cocoa
1 tsp vanilla
3 Tbl milk


Enjoy, and don't blame me if you gain 10 pounds, this really is a wonderful, moist cake that is irresistible and you will find any excuse you can to make it.

No comments: