Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Funny Kids

Tonight I had family council with the kids (Jeremy was at work, but we needed to have a family meeting anyways) and we were discussing some problems - namely the boys constantly fighting with each other and then running to me to tattle on each other. We were discussing a specific situation that happened earlier trying to re-enact and figure out a better solution. I asked Charlie if he couldn't have asked Tom to help him in a while rather than trying to force him to help at that minute.

Tom: yea, I would have said "I will help you in two minutes"
Charlie: that wouldn't help. I don't know how long two minutes is and neither do you"


That made me laugh so hard. It is true, they don't really understand time yet, so how would it help for Tom to give a specific time frame when neither of them has a point of reference for that.

The other funny;
Last night, in the middle of the night, about 3 am sometime Jeremy, who is at work at the hospital, gets a call from Charlie.
Dad: What's going on Charlie?
Charlie: I can't find mom.
Dad: did you look in her bed?
Char: she's not there, just Becca is
Dad: did you look downstairs?
For a few minutes Jer has Char look around the house and alas, I am not to be found. Then Jeremy says: did you turn the light on in her room and make sure she is not in there?
Char: no, I don't want to turn the light on, Becca is in there and I don't want to wake her up.
Dad: well, just turn the light on and check real quick.

Cut over to me, dead asleep in my bed, bright light in the eyes, Charlie on the phone, "oh, there she is" and I'm wondering why Charlie is on the phone in the middle of the night and who is talking to.

Kids are just too funny. I couldn't figure out how Charlie knew Jeremy's work number to call him at work, but apparently he had called Jeremy on his cell phone, which usually doesn't work in the hospital and on the rare times it does Jeremy doesn't usually answer it. Maybe it was heavenly intervention so a scared little boy could find his "lost" mom in the middle of the night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so true about the time thing. I often get mad at myself for saying to the kids "I'll be there in just a second!" Because it messes them up about time--a second is really quick--and are we eer really there in just a second? It is a quandry, isn't it?

angela said...

That is very very funny and cute. My kids cheer when I tell them they have 2 more minutes to play--because to them it's an eternity (because it usually it because I start gabbing or something) I definitely don't help them understand time better...

Bridgette said...

I love the "lost Mom" story. That is one you should write down.

jenandjustin said...

Hahaha! those are so funny! Kids make me laugh!! Your kids are so cute!