Pages

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Sunshine and warm weather

The sunshine and warm weather has gotten us outside, therefore my house is a mess and I am never at the computer anymore. Tuesday the kids and I spent the afternoon in the "jungle" - an empty lot kiddie-corner behind us. The neighbor next to the empty lot has a trampoline and let the kids jump on it. Today we (except for Charlie, who was at school today) spent the afternoon at the park with my cousin Annie and her baby, Ellie. After we picked Charlie up from school and he found out we had spent the afternoon at the park he also wanted to go the park, so I obliged - I didn't want to go home and have to face the mess - it is seriously bad - tomorrow I'm dedicating the day to cleaning the house (the kids are grounded tomorrow - so they have nothing else to do anyway, except help me clean).
Yesterday afternoon was spent at the dentist. Poor Charlie, who has already had two molars pulled had to have another tooth pulled and a silver cap put on the tooth behind that one. His molars are nothing but trouble. The dentist is doubting how long the silver cap will save that tooth - it might have to be pulled before it's natural time to fall out. I'm hoping the problem is just with his baby teeth and that his permanent teeth won't be so troublesome - but seeing that my molars are all fake or full of fillings isn't a good omen for him.

My sister Susan has been in Hawaii for the past week (hi Sue) - how lovely would that be - a week in the beautiful tropics with no concerns or responsibilities. A vacation sounds very nice about now - except, as much as I love and adore my children it would have to be a kidless vacation. Jeremy and I took a kidless vacation 3 years ago (when I was pregnant with Becca) to the California coast and the Sequoias - it was a great vacation. The year after that we went with kids (and Aunt Deb along to help us with the 3 kids) to San Diego and Sea World. I love San Diego - that was our third time there - and that is still where I would like to go on another vacation. Jeremy thinks he would like to go on our next vacation to Disneyland - I'm not sure I'm ready for that. Last year, as a test run, we took our kids to the Lagoon. It was great and we had a lot of fun, so I'm not sure what my hesitation is about Disneyland - well, except for the cost. I figure, well the kids loved the Lagoon, it was fun, they want to go again, why not just go to the Lagoon - I just have a hard time shelling out so much money for an amusement park. Of course I've never been to Disneyland before, but can it really be worth that much more money?

2 comments:

Bridgette said...

Disneyland is really neat. I would wait a few years for your kiddos though. To really appreciate Disneyland, I think you need to be older. Some might disagree with me, but there aren't really a lot of kid rides and the beautiful gardens, the castle, and the incredible visual experience is lost on little ones. When your youngest is at least five, I think that would be a good time to go to Disneyland.

jenandjustin said...

Yes! It is worth the money!! =) but, going at the right time of year when it is less busy is better for young kids. 4-5 is the perfect age. Maybe you and Jeremy need to go once by yourselves so you can decide? We'll go with you!