Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2008

I wish I would have, I'm glad I did...

I just found out about Tuesday tell all, a blog that gives suggestions for a topic to write on. Today is not Tuesday, but I like last weeks topic and thought I would write on it.

I wish I would have...
...learned the habit of keeping my space clean - ie - my room - when I was growing up. I had the bad habit of waiting a couple weeks and then doing a big Saturday cleanup. Now that I have my own house and family I've had to try to establish better habits of cleaning daily. I'm getting better, but I think if I would have developed that habit earlier on it wouldn't be so difficult now. I'm trying to help my kids develop this habit while young and we do a clean up (most nights) before bedtime to put everything back in its place.

...

I'm glad I did...
...
have wonderful parents who brought me up in the gospel with strong values and standards and have always been an excellent example to me.

....marry my wonderful husband Jeremy in the Temple and now we have 3 (almost 4) wonderful children - who knew life could be so wonderful.

...have the opportunity to serve a mission. I loved my mission to St. Petersburg Russia - it was a beautiful and interesting country and I love the people I served and the companions I served with. It definitely was faith promoting and testimony growing experience. I feel like I really learned how to lean on the guidance of the Holy Ghost - something I need to learn to apply on a more regular basis in my current life.

...get to be me. I've always loved my life and the experiences that I've have and the people that I've met and the friends that I've had. The first part of this topic - I wish I.. was hard for me because I don't live my life with regrets. I'm sure if I think hard enough maybe I could come up with more things that at the time I wish could have been different, but looking back things in my life have always worked out for the best, so I never regret what was, or what wasn't. I like to think that I (at least usually) learn from my past mistakes or missed opportunities and if I don't take the opportunity to grab onto them or recreate them then that is my problem. I am in charge of my life and I can make it whatever I want it to be.

...go to the Best of EFY this morning. I am a counselor in the Young Women over the Beehives and I really didn't want to have to meet at the church at 8 am and be gone all morning to EFY. But I'm glad I did. It gave me a real boost to be there - sometimes I get bogged down in the daily to-dos and kid things that I need reminders about the big picture and I need spiritual boosts - Sundays, with kids at church, just leaves a little lacking sometimes (walking the halls with Becca because she doesn't like to be in class - Sunday school is her least favorite).

2 comments:

Jennybug said...

Can you move closer so we can play? I don't think I want to live in Utah, so I'm making you move back to Idaho. Is that fair? I don't care, you need to come here!!!!

Jennybug said...

Hey, yeah, I forgot to put in a bit of a comment about the fact that you're pregnant and I'm just finding out!!! When are you due? Your kids are so cute I can hardly stand it! I love their smiles!